image from WeHeartIt
I admit, I am a shopaholic and this is a post that has anything and everything about it. I buy things that I don’t need and even buy things that I have never used. It is just that there is always a part of me that cannot stop from over-buying. Let us all admit that there was once or twice in our lives when we cannot stop the urge of shopping.
I have tendencies of buying things that is not included in my shopping list. There was one time when I went to 168 Divisoria Mall to buy a dress for work and I ended up buying a chambray shirt, a pair of Aztec printed pants and a dress. The main reason of me going there is just for one dress but what happened was not what I wanted to. There are also times when I never intended to buy anything that I got tempted to do so. The ladies in each shop have strong sales talks that you cannot resist. I even experience buying two perfumes and forgetting to get my change.
We all have those days that we really can’t resist the urge of shopping like crazy. I thought about ways that I should do and follow to stop myself from panic buying. I made a list of everything that I think would help me, even you, to stop this madness.
Here is the list:
- Bring a list. When going to the mall or anywhere, where you will do your purchases, always bring a shopping list. I just feel that when you have a list with you it will be your guide on what you should buy and that it will be your main goal or focus on your trip.
- Bring exact amount of money. If you have just enough money with you, you will lose the interest of buying too much. If you have less money in your wallet or pocket you don’t have that much choice but to buy what you came in for.
- Learn to say no. If you ever encountered a very persistent sales lady, learn to say no especially when you don’t need that item. If you don’t intend to purchase that exact item, resist and say, “No, I don’t need that.”
- Set a goal. Be firm and keep in mind that you are there to buy an exact item and that item alone. Do not let yourself be tempted to over buy, mind over matter as they say.
- Draw a map. If you are familiar with the place, set a path that you should follow. This is to avoid you from going to shops that will tempt you to buy. It is such a silly idea but there is no harm in trying right.
Those are the five ways that I listed down to stop myself from my shopaholic ways. If you have any other suggestions let me know in the comment box below. I hope that this post was helpful.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. God bless all of you.
Stay fab and gorgeous!
"I like being a woman, even in a man’s world. After all, men can’t wear dresses, but we can wear the pants."
— Whitney Houston